The supporters of the Ecumenical Hellenic Foundation join forces for a “journey of knowledge in outermost Greece” in 100 schools in the most remote areas of Greece!
The journey will begin in January 2021 and shall be completed in January 2024. The destinations are:
- Islands of the Aegean
- Villages of the regional unit of Evros
- Villages of the regional unit of Ioannina
- Outermost villages of Macedonia
The program is developed by the Ecumenical Hellenic Foundation with the collaboration of the schools, and the donations will include:
- Publications by the Ecumenical Hellenic Foundation of historical, cultural, folkloric content for the circulating library of every school.
- Publication by other publishing houses for children aged 6-12 for the circulating library of every school.
- P/C Equipment for the facilitation of computer learning.
- Necessary audiovisual equipment for the facilitation of learning procedures, as well as for the organizing of school anniversary celebrations and events.
- Equipment for robotics education as a contribution to the teaching of robotics in secondary education.
Inspired by Cosmas of Aetolia, the great teacher of the nation who spoke of the need to institute new schools, since through them our history will be preserved and it will nurture the hopes for the great War of Independence, we have decided, for the quadrennium 2021-2024, to launch the program “Journey of Knowledge in Outermost Greece”. With the undertaking of this activity, we aim at no child living in an area of outermost Greece being deprived of access to knowledge. Without public funding, but only through the support of our members and other sensitized Greeks, we will implement this program with the same success we have had in our previous endeavors.
Children, future generations, are the hope of the world we live in. Without the necessary equipment of modern scientific knowledge and historical memory, young people cannot grow, contribute, thrive, and form the modern Greece of the 21st century.
In this effort, we are certain that all Greeks will join us and contribute, for all of us to make a better future for our homeland!