The supporters of the Ecumenical Hellenism Foundation join their powers in a journey of knowledge in the backwoods of Greece in 100 schools at the most distant areas of Greece.
The journey will start in January 2021 and will be completed in January 2024 with destination:
- the Aegean islands
- the villages of Evros province
- the villages of Giannena province
- the distant villages of Macedonia
The programme will be planned by the Ecumenical Hellenism Foundation, naturally, with the collaboration of those schools and will donate:
- Publications of the Ecumenical Hellenism Foundation of historical, cultural, folklore content for the lending library of each school
- Publications of various publishing houses for children 6-12 years old for the lending library of each primary school
- Computer equipment to facilitate teaching and learning computers
- Αudiovisual equipment necessary for teaching and learning sciences as well as for organizing school anniversary celebrations and events
- Equipment for educational robotics as a contribution to teaching robotics at secondary education
Ιnspired by Kosmas Aitolos, the great teacher of the nation, who spoke about the necessity for creation of schools, as through them our history will be retained and will give hopes for the great Greek Revolution, we decided to plan the four year 2021-2024 programme “Journey of knowledge in the backwoods of Greece”. Through the undertaking of this activity, our aim is that not one child, growing up in the backwoods of Greece, should remain unable to access knowledge. Without state help, but only with the support of our members, as well as with the assistance of sensitized Greeks in general, we will implement this programme with equal success as the ones before.
The children, the next generation, constitute the hope of the world in which we live. Without the necessary supplies of the modern scientific knowledge and the historical memory, young children cannot develop, offer and work to accomplish great things and to form the modern Greece of the 21rst century.
In this effort of ours, we are sure all Greeks will join us and will contribute in order that we all-together form a better future for the country!